Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dino Valley ~ Glen Rose, Texas

On Tuesday, Michelle and I took our kids to Glen Rose to see the dinosaur tracks. I got to her house and loaded my car seats into her rig and we left. We got to Glen Rose about 12ish and had lunch, then off to see the tracks. It cost $5 per adult/kid 13 or older. So for $10 we entered the Dinosaur Valley State Park and off we went looking for tracks. The map indicated that there were 2 maybe 3 different areas of tracks. We only went to two areas. It was just about 95 degrees and really sunny. We loaded Cooper and Major into their strollers and started on our way. The first track area was down a stone step stairs leading to the Pulaski River. The tracks were in the water, so the kids could have stood in the tracks... but we didn't take swimsuits, do they just looked at them. Michelle carried Major down, Michael, Mavrick and Isabella all went down to check it out. Isabella really had no idea what she was looking at and really could have cared less. I stayed up top and took pictures of them walking down the rock cliff of sorts. Cooper and I stayed with the strollers and talked to the folks coming and going. Then we were off to site #2. The map was very, very hard to read, so we ended up walking way, way out of the way to site #2. Through high grass, sand and tons of bugs. Michelle and I had to carry the boys because the strollers would have been a nightmare to drag down that way. We got to the site, you had to cross the river on big rocks to get to the tracks. The tracks were really awesome to see, just to think dinosaurs were there and the way the world was. Amazing. But again Bella had no care in the world about what she was looking at. Michael and Mavrick really did love to see the tracks, I just wish it wasn't so hot and we could have stayed around the area and throw rocks in the river or put our feet in it. Or I wish we would have had our swimsuits and I wish we left the babies at home with the grands. It was really a beating with the babies. If I ever go back it will be when Cooper is 5 so he'll know what he's looking at and he can walk and swim and I can enjoy it too.








No comments: