I can now officially say I've been to South Padre. Our trip was very fun, uneventful and successful! Patti and I left Dallas on Saturday morning about 945am and arrived in S. Padre about 1030pm. Yes, that is a long damn time in the car, but we did great considering what all we did. We stopped 3 times for Starbucks Black Tea (Patti has an addiction to it and now I do too). We stopped for gas and a potty break. We stopped in KINGSVILLE (Amberly!!!) to go to the King Ranch Saddle Shop to just say we did and it's a very nice shop. We went to Harlingen to pick up Kristi at the airport and ate at Chili's (we had 1.5 hours to kill!). Then off to S. Padre. Time went by really quick and it usually does with good company! We woke up the next morning and spent the entire day at the beach. I'm the dumb a$$ that didn't put on enough sunblock and got burnt! We went to dinner and watch the sun set in the bay. Woke up the next day, back to the beach, all day, except I stayed under the umbrella and under towels and slept the day away. Gosh, that felt so awesome! Then off to dinner again. The woke up Tuesday morning and headed to Alamo, Texas to pick up Patti's mother in law who is 93 year old! You would have never know she was that old, she was a spunky lady, cute as can be! We drove home and honestly I can say I'd do it again in a heart beat! I was able to sleep all night without waking up and I got to sleep in and then go to the beach and just lay there. It was a wonderful trip. But did you know that South Padre does not have a Starbucks?!? How crazy is that?
1st day on the beach
Patti at dinner Kristi at dinner
Us...
2nd day on the beach
I was sleeping under all the towels and umbrella!
Patti and I at dinner

I don't look like her daughter, do I? LOL!!






No comments:
Post a Comment