Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dentist

Nope, not for the human kind. Jewels went for her yearly shots/check up last week and had some blood work done. She's over 11 years old and I decided that since she's in really great shape, we should take care of her. Not that I thought she was one paw out the door, but she's 11 and well, she's getting a bit slower and sleeps all the time. That's beside the point.

I scheduled her an appointment to get her teeth cleaned and if needed any bad ones removed. This morning she went in and had her procedure done. They did have to remove one tooth, but they were actually surprised that her teeth were in such good shape. She's never had her teeth cleaned by the vet, she eats whatever dog food I buy at the store. I usually close my eyes and just pick. No rhyme or reason. And I don't do anything special for her health wise.

So, Jewels is in great health and has great clean teeth. And for the first time in almost 11 years, her breath doesn't smell down right awful.

No comments: