Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ahhh Vacation!

Ahhh, yes. Brian and I finally got that much needed vacation. Thank you darling!
Brian and I took another cruise a few days ago and had a great time. Cruises are completely mindless vacations. You just arrive, get on the ship and float. You can eat when you want, sleep when/if you want and do something, anything, nothing when you want. It was a very relaxing time away from reality. About 5 days into the vacation I got really 'home-sick'. I wanted the kids. I wanted to hold Cooper and love on Isabella. I really missed the kids. We tried to call them from the ship, but no one answered, we were bummed. Then Saturday we tried again and finally got an answer. Seems so small child punched a few buttons on the phone and put the phone on do not disturb. Funny. So we were able to talk to Isabella. I cried, she sounded so big and happy. She had been sick the day before, running a fever. She's never ever sick, so my heart sank. I just wanted to be home already. Brian talked to Isabella and she was just a sweet doll. We told her we loved her and would be home the next day. That was an $80 phone call, money well spent! When we got home she was so, so, so happy to see us. She wouldn't let me go. Good thing, cause Cooper wanted NOTHING to do with me. He was so mad at me. I had abandoned him and he was going to make sure I understood his hurt. And boy did I ever understand. He only wanted his daddy until we got home.

While we were on the cruise we went to Key West and kayak in the ocean and saw some really neat sea creatures. Then off to Freeport, Bahamas to go snorkeling. The water was really pretty and the catamaran that we went out on was really nice. The ride back to the shore was really relaxing. Freeport is really more of a shipping industry island. Not sure that there is much to do on the island. I would not go there for a vacation. Then the next stop was Nassau, Bahamas. Ahh, paradise! We went to the Atlantis Resort for a Discovery Atlantis tour of the resort. Wow, what a place. It is overly large and there is just so much to do there. It is way over priced for a room. Then all the extra stuff like, well food. It's stupid crazy expensive. But the place is beautiful. We would love to go back someday. Brian loved the Bahamas, I was so glad. Because I love the Bahamas, too! We'll go back to the Bahamas soon, just not to the Atlantis resort.

Anywho, here are some of the photos we took on our much needed vacation. Enjoy!
This picture sums it all up. This was our last night and the sun set was breath-taking.
And by the way, I wore that dress on our first cruise 6 years ago (stroking my ego)!
our cruise ship parking in port
us acting all silly in bed
monkey towel... loved this one
Key West, Fl at the aquarium
Freeport, Bahamas at a nice restaurant after snorkeling
Nassau, Bahamas
Loved seeing this guy direct the cars on top of a box under an umbrella.
He was stiff as a board. It was funny.
On the ship, see Atlantis Resort over Brian's shoulder
At the resort... tons and tons of sea life and the such.
Brian and I rented a jet ski for a while. This was our playground.
He wore my body out, I was so sore the next day. I loved/hated it!
The last day on the ship, it was overcast and even rained at one time. We stayed in our chairs and just covered up with our towels. Loved just laying there, even in the clouds and rain.
The fun slide we went down a few times. FUN!!
Brian!! about to go down the slide....

Not so flattering, but this ones for Addie K. Last formal dinner. Such a handsome man!
Again, not so flattering, but I had to post one of me too.


Who knows where we'll go next!!

No comments: