Tuesday, March 31, 2009

BootCamp Details

I posted previously about the fitness boot camp I have enrolled in. It is awesome. It started last week, I go T/W/Th at 5:30am. It's not near as hard to get up in the morning as I expected. It's so nice to come home and have a few hours of time to clean up the house or do laundry with NO one awake. I love it. The work out is great, it's hard, it's a lot of ab work, it's a lot of running, it's a lot of what I wasn't getting from my personal trainer. Becca my trainer and I do weights, so now it's a great balance. I get major cardio (which I really need for my cholesterol and to just lose pounds) and I get weights from Becca. I only have two more paid sessions at the gym with Becca. But Becca is leaving the gym to stay at home more with her daughter. So she's going to be doing in-home sessions. And what do you know, I still have all of Brian's work-out stuff upstairs. I never put it on craigslist like I threatened, and boy am I glad I didn't. Now, I'll be able to have Becca (and her daughter) come over to assist me in my weight training and have the boot camp too. I'm thrilled for Becca, she's been wanting to leave the gym for quite some time and she got fed up one day and gave her notice. I'm glad she did! Isabella, Cooper and Ariel will be able to play together in the playroom, while Becca shows me what to do. And to top that all, I'm going to leave the gym too. I'm not getting much from it anyway. And since I'll be having Becca over to train me at home and the boot camp for as long as I can stand it, I don't need the gym. I'll save that $17 a month to put toward Becca's sessions. (And, when Amberly gets home, I want to join somewhere that has a tennis court so she and I can play, I've always wanted to be one of those moms that plays tennis all morning and then goes to Taco Diner for lunch in my cute little skirt, LOL - Patti, that's gonna be me!!)

So that's my plan. I'll work out with Becca and go to boot camp, I'm bound to be in a string bikini by this summer, no doubt. And I'll be that MILF at Brian's 20 year class reunion in October. He'll be able to show me off and I'll love ever minute of it!!

Oh, back to boot camp. It is dark, cold, wet and windy at 5am on early spring mornings. I have been sweating like a hot pig in the middle of summer but my fingers, toes, ears and nose have had frost bite forming on them before we finish with our camp. I'm looking forward to a little bit warmer temps in the morning. Also, it's been real fun working my butt off with friends. Lyn and Kim are friends that are camping with me and we really are getting our bum's kicked. And loving it!

1 comment:

Amberly said...

Awesome!! Do it, baby!! 'Cause I've been kicking butt at tennis lately & I need a good partner when I get back! I cannot wait!!!

You look wonderful, by the way! I need to join a boot camp when I move back! Then, we can sign up for a race together...