Today I went back to my therapist. We started off discussing where I am in my grief process. Well, I'm still at the same place I was 2 weeks ago. Still numb. I haven't cried a lot, no major outbreaks, I feel 'fine'. Whatever that my feel like. I'm not a basket case, as I like to say "I'm in neutral" You know when you put the call in neutral and it doesn't do anything when you give it gas. I usually doesn't roll back or forward. It is just there. No motion. So I feel like I'm in neutral. She said I'm still in the first stage, disbelief, numb to what has occurred, no real realisation of where my daddy is. I'm not dealing with it. Which is normal. She said that major sadness and depression will be next. We'll I'm not looking forward to that at all! Not one bit. But I am looking forward to moving forward, so I need to let it happen.
She suggested I join a Grief Share group. And the next one is at the church on August 25th. So I'll join that. It is an 8 week program that meets once a week on Wed. evenings, and child care is provided. It's cost is $15. I look forward to joining other who are in this same boat I'm in.
http://www.griefshare.org/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment