Sunday, December 16, 2007

Jewels

I have this amazing dog named Jewels. She is a very, very good dog. I've had her for over 10 years, she's a black pomeranian. She was my dog before marriage and you can tell she's "my dog". I feed her, I take her to the groomers (not that Brian hasn't or won't), and I truly take care of her in all aspects. She is potty trained since she was a puppy. When we married and while she and I lived at my parents house, she has always had a doggy door to go out side and potty. But with this new house, we can't put a doggy door in. There is not a good place to put one in, The back door is glass, the laundry room has our back patio gas line running throught the wall and it would be a pretty big step/jump down or back up to get into the house. And with her age, she's going going to be able to jump down or jump back up as the years pass. But, she has been fantastic in this new house. KNOCK ON WOOD, she has yet to have an accident in the new house. I have been really good about making her go out, sometimes when its cold, I have to push her out the door, but she goes does her business and then stands at the back door until I let her in. I have forgot she was there (I'm training myself to let her out and back in) and she'll just bark to remind me. She really is a great job, the best dog I have ever had.

But, the past few months I have been "over" her. I just didn't want the responsibility of having her to take care of. I'm taking care of a toddler and myslef. I have been very selfish. She has really gotten on my nerves. I really can't say why or what, but I just couldn't handle her. So I sent her to Honey and Poppy's for a few weeks. And boy did I miss the dog! Isabella and I really did miss her! Isabella would call for "Jues" and ask me "where Jues"? I hate it! So after a few weeks at the grandparents house, Jewels finally come home. She is sitting right next to me as if she knew I needed a break. She is a very loving dog and cares for me (really I can tell she cares for me!). All this to say, a dog will really be your friend and won't stab you in the back like humans can/will. I am so greatful for this dog, and I'm glad Isabella has the chance to have a really great dog as her childhood pet. Once Jewels goes to meet her doggie family in heaven, like Lady and Booger, I will not want another dog! She is the best dog/friend and there will be no way to replace her.

It's been a long weekend....

No comments: