Today is Thursday, right? UGH, I have no idea who I am, much less what the day is. Our Christmas was fantastic, Isabella loved all her goodies and my surprise old fashioned pop corn trolley was a great hit for Brian. A true surprise! We had the families over for lunch and by the time they were leaving I started running a fever. So, by 6 o'clock I was in bed feeling pretty rotten. The next day was great, we played with toys and hung out as a family. At one point, Brian went to take my car to get the oil changed and when he returned an hour later, he was feeling really bad himself. Thankfully my fever was short lived and I was fine. This cold I have has hung around for over a month. So I sent Brian to bed after a dose of NyQuil and off to dream land he when. The following day, he was still feeling crummy, but woke to eat breakfast. As he and Isabella were sitting at the kitchen table, Brian had eaten his frosted flakes and was groaning when I looked over my shoulder at the two of them. He had his head in his hands and wasn't feeling well. Isabella and I were talking waffle talk and all of a sudden a heard a huge crash, shaken I looked at the table, where Brian was on the floor and the chair was flipped on its side. I ran to see his face, his eyes were rolling back in his head and his face was shaking and he was covered in sweat. I was asking him if he was alright and he kept saying, I'm going to get sick. I rushed to the telephone and called 911 and told the lady what happened, she tried to keep me calm, but it was too late for me, I was a mess. The ambulance arrived and the paramedics checked Brian out and he was pretty sick looking, white almost transparent. They loaded him up on the bus and took him to the hospital in Frisco. I called his father and told him to go to the hospital to be with Brian while I called my mother to come to my house to be with Isabella. My sister arrived to sit with Bella as my mom was at the hospital with Brian and my father in law. After a number of test and such, the diagnosis was MONO!!! My husband has mono. He also has an elevated liver function, I have really no idea what this means, but he will be going to a doctor on Monday to check it out. The doctor at the hospital told us to get it checked out, so he is! But back to the mono. I was tested on Friday and came back negative, so um where on earth did he get mono? Bella hasn't been that sick, I mean come on, she would have be hospitalized if she had mono at such a young age. So where did he get it? We are still trying to figure it out.
Anywho, mono is a very strange virus, there is no cure, nothing to take to make it go away or to make you feel better. It can make you feel ill for 4 weeks or so and it can stay in your body for up to 18 months!!! So I was at his beck n call for a few days and now he is feeling better, he even when to install a media room this week. But his boss doesn't want him to come to work unless he is 100%. So he's working from home. And that has proven new challenges, Isabella doesn't understand why daddy is home and not playing with her. I hope he goes to the office soon!!! We haven't kissed not even on the cheek, and not on new years. That is sad!! But I would rather be safe than very, very sorry. Watch who you kiss, drink and eat after. Even at 36 years old you can still get mono.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment