This may have been the longest 2+ weeks of my life. It started out with Isabella getting sick on July 8 or 9, I can't really remember. She was sick for about 7 days, meanwhile, Cooper got sick and still today, he has a bit of a tummy ache, his has lasted over 9 days (dang it!). And while he was sick, I got it. And I have to tell you, IT WAS BAD!!! I feel so sad for my sweet babies! I'll spear you all the nasty details, but my bum has never hurt so bad in all my life. I had stomach aches (major cramping), body aches, hot sweats and cold chills, nausea and a bit of vomiting and most of all major, major diarrhea. I can tell you I know what diaper rash feels like as an adult. I could not sit, I had to lay down because my bottom hurt so much from my *rash*. Enough said!!
Anywho, today I am *feeling* better, I didn't have to hoover the toilet all day and I was able to get out and make some returns and go to Costco for more diapers (poor Cooper). But it did still hit and hit hard after a few hours of relief. And, Cooper is on the upward swing. He's only had about 4 poopie diapers, that is a huge difference than the 30+ I was changing for the past 8 days.
With Cooper being so sick and having such bad diaper rash, I decided to use cloth diapers while he was sick. So Last Thursday my mother went out and bought us some more cloth diapers. Can I tell you how blessed and happy I am that we don't use these cloth nightmares daily. My poor baby would poop and I would change him and 3 minutes later do it again, and I had the washer & dryer going nonstop for 9 days. And my house smells like CRAP! As much as he would soil, I would rinse and wash and use again. I only had about 18 cloth diapers but with about 30 changes a day, it was a full time job just washing and changing and drying and washing and changing and.... well you get the idea. I was honestly doing laundry in the middle of the night. If he needed a change, I would switch the load around and keep it all going. I even ran low on all the cleaning detergents (another reason to go to Costco today, I love that place).
BTW, Cooper weights 15 lbs & 1 oz, Brian took him to the doctor to get some more diaper rash cream and they weighed him. He's such a big boy and I love it! He's in size 3 diapers as of today!
Anywho, here is a picture of Cooper in his cloth diaper and Isabella's cute pink panties on as well. I got tired of safety pins, so I used her panties. We put off potty training, since I couldn't get off the potty myself. It really has been a long, long few weeks. But we start potty training again with Isabella tomorrow, she's going to be great with it... she loves to potty.
Isabella took this picture... we may have a photograper on our hands!! Great shot, sweet pea!






No comments:
Post a Comment