Isabella is battling a UTI right now. She started not feeling well on Wednesday after her nap. When she went to the potty, she screamed bloody murder that it was painful to tee-tee. I've never experienced this first hand, that I can remember, so I didn't know what to do. Oddly enough, the night before she had an awful tummy ache and really bad upset tummy, but once the poop passed, she was completely fine. I didn't put the two together and they still may not be any part of each other, other than she was just starting to get ill.
Wednesday for about 5 hours she walked back and forth from the bathroom to the living room, getting on the toilet, getting off, not wanting to go because of the pain, but really needing to go, so she would go back to the bathroom and get back on the toilet, a tiny bit would come out and screams would bellow out and she would stop. The off and on and off was not helping the situation. I took her to the doctor early Thursday morning and once again she walked back and forth in the doctors office bathroom and our exam room. They needed a sample of urine and I had made her drink a TON of water knowing this would be the case. She needed to go, but she knew it was going to hurt, they put a tub in the potty to catch the urine but getting her to relax and let it out was almost as painful as her going. It took her about an hour to finally go tee-tee. Then they found out it was a pretty bad UTI. The external girl parts were not very red, but they urine had every indication of a major infection, with lots of blood and the doctor was very alarmed.
At that point she told me that she was sending us home with medication/antibiotics and in 5 days if she's not 110% better to bring her back in. The meds need to be taken for 10 days though. I then stopped the doctor and asked for a shot instead. Isabella REFUSES to take medication. What am I suppose to do? The doctor mixed up some meds in the office and talked to Isabella to tell her she has to take the meds to feel better and if she didn't she'd have to get shots in her legs. And if she didn't take the medication and her infection spread she would have to go to the hospital and get shots and stay in the hospital and see other doctors. I think the doctor thought I was just not trying or that I was not hard enough or I was a push over. Well Isabella (and I) proved her wrong. We were at the doctors office for another hours trying to bribe, force, beg and just do anything under the good Lord's sun to get this child to take this medication. I was practically begging the nurse to get the shots. The nurse, God love her, I wish I could have brought her home, about forced me to put it in her mouth and shove it down. Isabella was exhausted by then and she finally took it. Well some of it. She spit a good bit of it back out. But got some of it in her system too. I was so tired and felt so defeated when we left. The nurse and doctor both told me to bring her back in every day if I needed to, to get her to take her medication.
Yesterday, Brian and I forced it down her, some made it, some did not. Yesterday I posted on Facebook about Bella unwillingness to take meds and got a few great suggestions. Today I'm going to mix it into her peanut butter for her PB&J sandwich.
I'm just praying she's getting enough medication to fight the infection and the Lord is healing her body.
The past few days have been a complete beating on me. Not only that Bella is ill, but she is needy and Cooper has a bit of a cold too boot. He's needy too. I'm worn out between the two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment