Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Never Say Never

I got that title for my friend Amberly. This is so true!

I always said I would never let Isabella just watch tv all day long. And she doesn't watch tv all day right now. But she has been waking up at 6am every morning for the past 2 weeks and I just can't entertain her on my own. I am exhausted at 6am and I am so not a morning person!! I turn on the tv and she is excited to watch whatever is on. She goes back to sleep at 8:00am usually and then again another time or two during the day.

Since I have been sick with the cold the past month, I got over that then this past weekend come down with a horrible tummy bug. I have never, ever in my life had that much pain in my tummy. Even after my c-section, I don't remember my tummy feeling so awful. I have finally recovered from that and I'm feeling better, but 6am is just too early to function in the mornings. I just don't know how I'm going to do this with no sleep during the night, feeding an infant and waking up with Bella so early in the AM. My little angel used to sleep in until 8:30am, what on earth happened?

Needless to say, since Bella has been watching so much tv in the early morning, she has a new favorite. Wow, Wow Wubbzy! I guess every parent goes through this, but I know every episode by heart now. I set a season pass on this program, so in the evening when she throws a terrible two's tantrum, I can calm her down and she can watch WWW. She goes to sleep saying "Night, Night Wubbzy" and wakes up in the morning saying "Wow, Wow, Wubbzy" over and over again. It was Elmo, but I guess Wubbzy won her over.

I guess I should have waiting until I knew how my daughter would react to tv before saying I would never let her watch tv. It has a calming effect and at 6am I need a calm child.

No comments: