Saturday, November 24, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

I just finished the wonderful task of decorating our Christmas tree. Every year, Brian fluffs the branches and I decorate. It takes him just about two hours to fluff, he's very good at it and takes it very seriously! And it takes me just about the same amount of time. Luckly, Isabella was asleep when I decorated this year, I'm sure I won't be as luck in the years to come. I'm pretty anal about the whole process, thats why it takes me so long. I put every single ornament on the tree this year. In the past I would make sure it all matched, and last year I put non-breakable ornaments on the tree incase Isabella wanted to grab hold and shake. But this year it is a hodge podge of everything and anything. When I worked for Hallmark, I started collecting then back in 1999, and I really never stopped. So I have Barbie, trains, first of anything and everything in the past 5 years and many, many more. It really done look good and it brings back memories of all the travels Brian, Bella & I have been on. I am waiting until Bella wakes up to put the Angel on the top. My mom always makes us sing Silient Night when we put the beautiful angel on top, so I started that last year with Bella. I know she will get a kick out of looking at all the ornaments. I can't wait until she wakes up. We put the tree upstairs this year, there are three giant windows that overlook a ledge downstairs and we put the tree in front of the windows. We have tinted windows on most of our windows so I'm not sure anyone will see the tree, but it sure is pretty.

Thanksgiving turned out wonderful and we all enjoyed each others company. I'm glad my families get along.

I'll post pictures of the tree, as soon as I take some.

No comments: