Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mother's Day Out

Last Thursday was the first day of Mother's Day Out. The kids were very excited to 'go to school'. I woke up extra early to pack their lunches bags, snack bags and extra clothes and Cooper's diapers and bottles. I didn't prepare myself the night before, I wasn't motivated. So I got up at 6 am to get the kids bags ready. I made Cooper bow tie noodles, the child doesn't like bread, so a sandwich wouldn't work. Bella got up about 7am and Cooper was up about 730am. We all ate breakfast and got dressed for the day and were out the door on time. The church is 3 miles round trip! It will never be a problem getting them to school on time even when I'm running late. I'll even be able to walk this spring and fall.
Cooper wasn't happy when I left him. He was already tired when he arrived to his classroom. He cried when I dropped him off and was still crying when I the church. i called his Uncle Mark (my sisters husband who works at the church sometimes) and asked him to check on Cooper when he had a minute. Cooper was fine, they were pushing the kiddos around in those big buggies and he was just looking around and checking out his new environment. So he was better, thank God! His teacher said he ate really well, but didn't sleep a bit.
Isabella did great, she had a wonderful day. Loved her teachers and her classroom. She still talks about her friends from her old school/class. That makes me sad, but I know she will love these friends just the same.
I did sign up to be both kids classroom moms. AND to help out with Teacher Appreciation Week. I do appreciate the teachers. They get paid nothing and do so much for our kiddos. I know Isabella learned things her first two years I had no clue she had the capacity to learn. Like Spanish! So I would love to pat the teachers on the back and let them know how much we appreciate them!
Neither one of them would stand still of me to snap a photo!

No comments: