Wednesday, September 30, 2009

This & That...

Lately, I've been too busy to blog. I was on a roll there for a while. But the kids weren't 'up my butt' either. But the weather is beautiful and we are out in it and going and blowing all the time. We never really sit still, so my blog time has been cut back a bit. And for some dang reason, I can't get blogger to upload my photos. So I have a few I'm waiting to post that just need the photos.

Anywho, a few thoughts. My big 3-4 is in a few days and I keep telling myself it's not a big deal, but like 24 and 29, I'm not sure I will like 34. The next one is a big one and 35 seem, well umm old. Anyway, we are having the family and some friends over to celebrate and watch the Cowboys play on the 11th. Bella wants to blow out the candles. I just hope she has enough air in her lungs to blow out that much fire.

Volunteer: That is my new last name. I'm on ever single volunteer board at the kids church school and it seems that I'm going to be one busy little beaver after this weekend. Oct. 6 we have a big Volunteer Board meeting and then we are off and running. We have many projects and not only am I co-chairperson. I'm also both my kids room mom. I'm just praying that Orental trading comes through for me!! The limitations are pretty wide, so candy corn and fall leaves are about it.

Facebook: It seems that facebook can get one in trouble. About 11 months ago, a person was upset at a comment I made on facebook. She then retaliated against me. She's no longer a person I associate with, I'm an adult, period. Then another friend had the same thing happen by another person. Come on people. What's up with that.
Then the people you find on facebook. I found an old boyfriend, we'll call him 'Dick' for lack of better terms (if you knew him then, you'd understand). I actually found his wife (or who I think is his wife?? same last name. he was a 'friend' on her friends list) So I sent him a message. Crazy you see. He seems to no longer be that 'Dick' he once was. Glad to hear it. He apologized, very nice of him. I was actually shocked by his apology. He said he is no longer the person he was when I knew him, way, way back in college. Thats great, because he has children and Lord knows the way he was is no way to bring up children.

My Family Plan: A while back I posted I was going to turn over a new leaf and prepare better meals and make my kids go to be at 730 and wake up at 7am and take naps at the same time everyday. Well that was all CRAP. Damn, why is it so hard to get on a schedule? I mean, I can't even get the kids to go to bed at night at the same time. Isabella won't go to bed until after 10pm. THAT IS LATE!! I'm a sleeper, I would be in bed asleep at 830 ever night if only Bella would go to sleep at 8pm. But NO. I told her last night I was going to have her daddy put a lock on her door and lock her inside her room if she got out of her room and came down to my room. She cried and cried, but came down to my room anyway. If Brian gets home before bedtime, he's putting a lock on her door!! Danm it! She may keep her brother up screaming all night long, but it will only last a few days and then she'll get used to the idea. Her room isn't scary, it's beautiful and we spent toooooo much money on the mural paint over it. Not gonna happen until she's a teenager and then we may just have to move her to the guest room or the work out room. I don't ever want to paint over that room.

This weekend: 20th High School! Nope, not mine. Brian's 20th high school reunion and his MJDesigns old co-workers are getting together to reunite on Saturday. This entire weekend will be me smiling and looking pretty as Brian's wife. I have to say, I do look forward to Brian showing me off, but wish I knew a few people going. I think Lori C and his mother are going to the MJD get together. But he's not even sure he wants to attend the high school reunion. Everything is happening on Saturday, so it will be a very long day no matter what. And to be perfectly honest, I have no idea what I would wear to the high school stuff. Friday night there is a party at Loft 610, I wouldn't mind going there, but not for his reunion. LOL.
Then next weekend is my family reunion in W'ford. Every October we have my mom side family reunion and this year will be the first year without my PopPaw. I'm sure I'll be talked into volunteering to organize the reunion for 2010. No one like to do it and I have time, so I can might as well. And Pop would be proud of me. That makes me smile!

No comments: