Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Quilt

When I started looking for new bedding for my bedroom at the farm I kept coming back to this quilt. I liked it enough that every time I saw it I would read all the reviews about it. I would compare the prices and I had it book marked at several different places online. It's no cheap.

Brian and I have been toying with the idea of posting our bedroom furniture on CraigsList and getting new stuff, something more chunky, more us. So I've been spending time on CraigsList looking at prices of others bedroom furniture and I came across an add with the above bed/bedding. It caught my eye; queen set with bedding less than a year old in Park Cities. I sent the guy an email and asked if he still had it? Yes. How much? $250 for all. I'll pick it up in the morning. I was thinking for Cooper's room. Soon, that baby boy is going to need a big boy bed and that would be perfect, in my opinion. We have a queen headboard under the guest bed downstairs that would be just fine in his room. But no, Brian said we needed to replace the guest bed... downstairs. That bed is old. It is my sister and her husbands bed from when they got married, one of the early anniversary (they just celebrated 16 years, I'm thinking 5th year). Yep, he's got a point. So, today Brian picked up a fantastic new queen mattress and box, barely ever slept on as well as a quilt and pillows I have been eyeing for months and 3 sets of sheets (one still in the packaging, one flannel and one normal) and a waterproof cover for $250. Boy, that CraigsList can be dangerous. But worth every single penny.
(Picture above is not my house, it is from poster on CraigsList, I have a bit more style than that)

No comments: