After 20 years of having break outs all over my face, I have finally started taking a medication that is sure to cure my puberty blues. I have been seeing the same dermatologist for years. Now he and I have come to the conclusion that I have to take the strongest thing on the market to make this pesky cyst acne go away. After many other medications used, from pills to ointments, we have moved on to the big daddy of them all. Accutaine is a very dangerous medication. There is SO much red tape I have to go through to get the medication, but I'm thankful for finally being able to take it. When I was younger, I/we assumed it was just me going through puberty. But in my 20's I knew it was much more serious than just puberty.
Before being prescribed the medication, I have to take a pregnancy test, then once the pregnancy test is negative, I have to have a full blood panel reviewed to ensure my body, organs and such can take the medication. Then after those results are given to the doctor I am given a prescription to get the medication. BUT before I can have the Rx filled, I have to go online to answer 10 questions about my mood (it is a mood altering drug) what 2 forms of contraceptive I will be using to ensure I will not get pregnant and some other silly questions. Then I have 10 days to pick up the prescription. When I pick up the prescription I must show an ID card that the online program gives me as well as my photo ID. SO MUCH RED TAPE. But that's not all. Then 3 weeks later I have to do it all over again (except the full blood panel). I go for a blood test to ensure I'm not pregnant, then back to the doctor for a prescription, then home to answer online questions, then to pick up the prescription. All this goes on for 6 months. Then at the end of 6 months I have another full blood panel taken to make sure my liver and other organs are all OK from the medications and a last pregnancy test preformed. With all the pregnancy test done, it's not the pee in a cup test. It is a blood test, in the end I will have had 7 pregnancy blood test done as well as 2 full blood panels to make sure my guts are all ok. That is 9 blood draws. Did you know I hate needles, I have deep veins and it takes pediatric needles to get blood from my poor arms? Did you know that. I am dedicated to doing this. I have never had a complex with my face, it's mine, it is what I was given, but it is going to be so nice to not worry about how my chin looks when I go out in public. I've always had this face, so dealing with breakouts was a daily unchanged deal I have been dealing with. I have always hated wearing makeup, I felt it didn't help the breakouts, but neither does my cycle. I won't have to plan things around my face, like family photos or silliness like that. I'm ready to have a 34 year olds face, not a 14 year olds face. So by Christmas I'll be 'pretty' and I can't wait.
A 'new' face and new boobs by next summer. Brian isn't going to know what to do with me, excpet lock me in our bedroom. Ohh la la!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment