Monday, June 21, 2010

Journal Entry: Therapy

Last week I went to the Minirth Clinic, a christian based counseling center to talk to someone about all the grieve I've been through this past few days. One of the things my doctor told me to do was to journal all the time. Write about the things I will miss about my father, the qualities he had that I want my children to remember about him. The stories I love most of him and the things I just want to remember. Anything and everything. So I will, I will write. Some of this will not make sense to just any reader. So understand this is for me.

I asked my brother in law, Buddy to make a video for my mom, sister & I of photos of my daddy. It is a beautiful, touching tribute of daddy. I love the songs, the photos and the feeling (although it is a sad, weak, anger feeling), I have a feeling of pride, happiness. My daddy had a full life, filled with fun, love & excitement. He was able to marry both Michelle and I off. He knew our husbands really well. He held our children, all of them. He had a relationship with our children. They knew who he was, and will always know who he was. He was our rock, our support system, our babysitter, our grill master, our daddy and Poppy. I know with the love we have for our daddy, he will always live on in our daily life. We will never stop reminding our children who their Poppy was. And I'm PROUD of that! I'm proud to me my daddy's little girl.

Thank you Jesus, for allowing me to be my daddy's girl. For allowing me to know how a husband should treat his wife, for allowing me to know how loved I am and to have known my daddy in the most amazing ways. I am so blessed and proud to be a daddy's girl!

No comments: