Today it's been two weeks that my daddy went to be with the Lord. I can't say anything is easier, I can't say that I'm feeling any better, I can't say that I am moving on. Because I'm not. I feel like this situation will be over soon and we'll all be able to move on and things will be the same. But it's not. My life as I knew it is not the same. I am not the same person I was 2 weeks ago. I am not the same daughter, wife or mother. However, I do believe my change is going to be for the good. I am not depressed! I know I am so loved! I see happiness in my children and in turn I feel better, even if it is just a minute at a time. I know that my father would be so unhappy if he knew we were mopping around with our heads hung low waiting for a shoulder to cry on. So I am choosing to try to make every day a better day. I am choosing to remember my daddy and all the wonderful qualities I will miss, but know that I can share each quality with my children and pray they will take the same qualities and use them in their own lives, for the better!!! My daddy was an honorable man. He honored his Lord and Savior. He honored his wife and marriage. He honored the loved ones around him, even if they didn't not deserve the honor. I love that quality that my father possessed. Honor. I will teach my children to have honor and to be honorable.
Honor: strong moral character or strength, and adherence to ethical principles
Honorable: guided by, or with a reputation for having, strong moral and ethical principles
That won't be a hard quality to teach my children. Brian & I will lead by example.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment