Today was the first Father's Day without my daddy. He's been gone less than two weeks and I'm not sure how I actually got through the day. The night before we had a cook out at my sister in laws house. My mom and sister & Major come too. Then mom stayed the night at my house. She left my house this morning very, very early to travel to her brother's house. I hated to see her go, I cried all morning. I just needed her to be with me, but I know my grieving my daddy's death on father's day would not be easy for her. She needs to grieve on her own, in her own ways. And mom's daddy has only been gone for a year and a half. So she's got her own father to grieve over.
I did get up when mom left. I let Brian sleep in and I played with the kids, fed them a little breakfast then I made cinnamon rolls for Brian and the kids. The kids did crafts and since they woke up SOOO early, the entire house when down for a nap at 11am! Yep, my new rule is, if you wake up early, you take an early nap. And if you are still fussy that afternoon, you get another nap. (I actually LOVE this new rule!) After a nice 2 hour nap, we all got up, had lunch and headed to the pool for a few hours. We came home and I ventured out to the grocery store. I had not been grocery shopping in over 3 weeks, so I spent 2 hours and over $300 at the grocery store. We are now stocked for a good amount of time!
Before I went to the grocery store, I asked Brian what he would like for Father's day dinner, he wanted ribs! So I got the ones the little guy makes ready to eat outside. They were ok, not good or great!
So all in all, it was a very emotional morning, but better day. Bitter sweet!
Happy Father's day to my amazing daddy and wonderful husband. You both have molded me to be the strong, independent woman I am today. I love you more than you will ever understand.
I miss you so much daddy!
Yellow roses grow in heaven, Lord pick a bunch for me. Place them in my father's arms and tell him they're from me. Tell him that I love and miss him. When he turns to smile place a kiss upon his cheek and hold him for awhile, because remembering him is easy, I do it every day. There's an ache in my heart that will never go away. Happy Father's Day! I love you Daddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment