Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Contractions...

Tuesday morning I woke up not feeling so hot, but went about my morning. Isabella got up ready for MDO, I made breakfast and her lunch and got her bag ready to go to school. I took her to school and then back home to meet with a lawn guy. Then came inside to lay down. I was having contractions and just needed to rest. My mom was coming over to help put Cooper's new things away and help out for a bit. While I was resting, my friend Patti called to check on me. I mentioned I wasn't feeling the best and my contractions were still pretty strong (imo). She suggested I call my doctor to just inform them of the contractions and see what I should do. I called, they told me to come in for a check up. Mom arrived and met me at the sidewalk. Off we went. The doctor check me and Cooper is still very, very, very high and NOTHING is still NOT happening. I honestly can say, I wasn't surprised, I just needed to hear it. She strapped me to a fetal monitor and we listed to Cooper's heart beat for about 10 minutes. He was bouncing off the "walls" so to say. He was handling the contractions just fine. The contractions I am feeling hurt, are hard and very uncomfortable. But they are still just the practice contractions. That is shocking to me. I just have to push through it and deal with it for now. I have decided I really, really do not want to feel the real contractions. If these hurt as they do, I don't want to know how the real ones feel. Just not interested, thanks though.

So my fantastic doctor sent me home to go straight to bed with a real sleeping pill. She wanted me to rest for the remainder of the day. That sounded wonderful to me. My mom took Isabella home with her so I could sleep in peace. I went to bed around 1:00 pm and woke up around 8:30pm ready to eat, then back to bed around 11:00 pm with another sleeping pill. I finally woke up this morning around 10:ooam. I slept well, but I feel just the same and my body hurts from laying in bed. I did what I was told to do and did get some rest. So I guess it wasn't all that bad.

No comments: