Brian and I both took pictures of the neighborhood and here's what we saw.
This is our backyard, nothing was in its place
This is a house that had the 2nd floor framed on it the day before...
This is the front entrance, it was beautiful
Front entrance that did have big builder sign
Was the front entrance sign
Brick fence around new phase
Home at front entrance by Stacy Road
Drees Model Home
Sotherby Model Home - not even a month old. Brand new!
The Estates side, got hit really hard.
This is the Kitty Hawk Airfield, most if not all hangers were damaged. This plane was in its hanger...
This was a red hanger, with two airplanes inside.
This is common, the chimney is either broken or fallen off the roof with huge holes in the roof.
The front entrance, most of the debris is from the aircraft hangers
Home that backs to the entrance, across the street from the Drees Model home
Another look at the Sotherby Model Home
Drees Model home
Homes next to the Drees model home
Front entrance, three flag poles bent over at base
Another view of the red aircraft hanger
Our alley neighbors fence, our was just like it. Just sections down.
Across the street from us, both neighbors fences are down
Port A Potty in front yard, this potty was most likely 20+ homes down the street, there is NO construction near this house.
Blue trampoline in front yard, this trampoline was from the folks across the street.
Tonight on the news, the weather center said that Allen did have a tornado. The DFW area had around 6 confirmed now. I completely believe it. When it happened at 4am-ish, I jumped across the bed on top of Brian and we both said "Isabella" at the same time. We ran upstairs and when we opened her bedroom door, she said "Daddy", I was happy she was not scared, and happy she was awake, because we were in for a rocky ride for the night. When we ran upstairs and back down the lighting lit the GREEN skys. It was a wild sight. I am thankful to God that we didn't have any window, structure or roof damage. We very easily could have and should have, bits of our fence were on our patio and next to our bedroom windows. We are so very blessed!!






2 comments:
I was up at 3 something, because right before I went to bed the news said it would hit Dallas about 3. I have this way of waking up on "time" when I'm worried. So I watched the news until about 4 am before getting my kids and hubby into our "safe" room (downstairs bathroom).
I'm just glad you all are okay. My sweetie has a co-worker that lives in your subdivision on the Estates side, they had broken windows and other damage.
What can I do to help you get all you back together before little man comes?
WOW! I just saw this post. So sad. Hope all is getting back to normal. I have a friend who delivered her baby that night. She talked about the hospital announcing a "Code Black", meaning a natural disaster. Love the pics of Cooper! He looks like a mini Isabella to me!
Post a Comment