Monday, November 24, 2008
Cry It Out
I have finally given in and made Cooper CIO last night. I was exausted and had a headache and all I wanted to do was go to sleep. So at 12:23, I laid Cooper down for the 5th time and he started crying. I crawled in bed (air mattress on his floor) and put a pillow over my head and tried to go to sleep. I let him cry for 10 minutes and got up and pat his back and told him I love you and then crawled back in bed. 20 more minutes passed and he was still screaming, but it was getting less intense. So I rolled over and tried to ignore (easier said than done) his crying. He stopped crying a little over 30 minutes and fell asleep. He slept from a little after 1am to around 4am-ish. I was so excited, I got more than 3 hours of unintrupted sleep last night. WOW, that is huge in this house! At 4am-ish I gave him a bottle and put him back in bed and let him CIO once again. I have no idea how long that one took, but he slept until after 8am. Now that is huge. He's been waking up between 5-6am every morning. I was thrilled, except that Isabella work up right at 7am. I made Cooper CIO again at nap time today, again, not sure how long he cried, but he finally went to sleep. But tonight, he cried for over 40 minutes straight, and I went up to soothe him, and it didn't help one bit. He was madder than Hell! So I put him back down and he cried for over 15 minutes and then Brian took him a bottle to see if he could comfort him and get him to go to sleep. We've had a pretty busy day, so Cooper only got one nap today. Let's pray he sleeps well tonight and I get more that 5 hours in a row. That is all I'm asking for!! Really!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment