Monday, October 15, 2007

Isabella's Hand...

Isabella stayed at my parents last Friday night so Brian and I could go to eat dinner and not run home to fetch her from a sitter. My mom's kitchen is not practical and they have the toaster on the kitchen table. My sweet, adventurous and curious daughter wanted to check things out and climbed on a chair (she's been climbing since she was 9 months). Mom should have known to watch her, but she and dad were getting ready for dinner. So, she climbed up on the chair and put her HAND on the HOT toaster while it was toasting bread. OMG, I was so mad when she told me, I mean come on, Honey!! Anyway, she then told me she calmed down after a while and started playing and forgot it was hurt. She told me this Saturday afternoon while we were at my nephews 8th birthday party. Isabella was at Honey's house taking a nap and Poppy would be bringing her as soon as she woke up. When she got the the party, she was happy and I had forgotten about the hand. When we got back to Honey's I took a look at her hand and it was all red and bubbles had formed. I was even more mad. Her sweet little bitty hand was really bad burned and she didn't even put anything on it. So, her little hand has had blister on it and they keep popping, and it's red in the creases of her palm. I need to take pictures of it and post. I'm so sad for her to have to feel that pain at her young 20 month old little life.

No comments: