So today, hubby and I went to a gene specialist for a new first trimester screening for risk the baby may have. Everything is fine on the sonogram and I was measuring a due date of April 17 instead of the 21, that happens. The baby' heart rate was 167, pretty good rate! The baby was very active and cooperated with what the doctor needed to do to make the assessment that this baby is going to be without defects.
This is a new sonogram since I was pregnant with Isabella. So the technology was really great to watch on the screen and see the baby's heart beat and everything else. This doctor has been doing these screenings since they came out and has been pretty accurate on guessing the sex of the baby. So of course we wanted him to guess.
Before the told us he said, I'm only 80% sure and I do not want you to go buy anything until this is confirmed at a later date. Then he went on to tell us he was 80% sure we are having a baby boy, as he drew a line around the boy part. I was so excited, I was almost in shock!!!
I have been expecting a little girl, just because I have been so darn sick, and every aspect of this pregnancy has been identical to Bella's!! So, I am so excited and have an idea of what I want to do in the nursery. I just can't hardly stand it. We have 6 more weeks to find out the sex for sure and I am just going to go crazy not being able to plan until then. I have to buy everything new anyway since Sister is going to have a baby too!! Lord I just hope she's having a baby girl!!!!
BTW, this has been the longest pregnancy in history. I feel like I should be 20 weeks by now, the time is just slowly passing. I guess I need more things to do. I would love for the morning sickness to be gone so I would feel like doing more.
So, for now we think we are having a boy, can't wait to confirm this!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Oh wow!!! A boy!! That will be so much fun! Do you have any names picked out?
Post a Comment