Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Today was a wonderful day. Everything worked out perfect. Not how I would have liked it, but perfect for Brian, none the less.

The house woke up at around 7am. Bella and I ate breakfast first then off to the shower. Cooper and Brian were bringing up the rear. We got ready and left the house around 8:45am. Got on the road to head to see PopPaw in Weatherford and there was no traffic! Thank God! We got to the nursing home right at 10am and went inside to see Pop and Elva. Pop was sleeping like a baby (boy I wish I could cat nap like that) so I rubbed his arm and said PopPaw, It's Christy, Donnie Kay's daughter. He woke up and was so happy to see us. We talked for a few minutes and Michelle and her crew arrived, he was even more happy to see all of us in one room. He was beeming. We talked for a little bit more, took some pictures and he was thrilled with out surprise visit. We walked down to MeMaw's bedroom (they are in seperate rooms for a little while so they can keep an extra close eye on Pop) and MeMaw was sleeping sitting up on the edge of the bed (how she didn't fall off, I'll never understand). I talked softly to her and she woke up, just as happy as could be (rare for her). We talked for a bit and she LOVED the babies and bigger kids as well. We asked her if she wanted us to roll her down to see Pop, and she just about jumped into the wheelchair. She was more than happy, she was really cute, she said, "is my hair alright?" So sweet! When we got to Pop's room, Michael and Isabella said "we brought you a surprise!" and we wheeled MeMaw around the corner. She jumped on the edge of his bed and gave him a big, sweet, adorable kiss. They really do miss each other and I hope they will put them back in the same room soon. They need to be together, to be strong and not lonely.

Pop looked amazing, considering all he has been through this past few weeks. When I saw him on Halloween, he had sunken in cheeks and was an odd color of yellow. Now he's got much fuller cheeks and his color is normal. His eyes still look yellow, but I'm sure with a little more time, he'll be all better. While we were there he stayed in his bed laying down the whole time. But just seeing him happy, alert, talking and making sense and looking so much better. That made my Thanksgiving day perfect. I didn't have to do another thing, I could have gone home and had cereal for lunch. I was a happy camper.

We went to mom and dad's for lunch. Mom had been feeling bad, so she didn't go to the nursing home with us. She stayed home and cooked. Our good friend Gayla come over for lunch and it was nice to visit with her. It was all cut short so we could get home for Brian to watch the Cowboys on his TV in his media room. But that didn't matter. I got to cuddle with Isabella for a while and take a nap with her and Brian cuddled with Cooper. Cooper fell asleep in the media room with Brian and slept for around 2 hours. Gotta love Thanksgiving day cuddles with your kiddos.

We brought leftover home. My mom made an amazing lunch (Thanks MOM!) and dinner will be leftovers! Love it!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING









Yes, Bella is in her tutu and leg warmers!


1 comment:

Trinity! said...

ah, Christy. I am so glad you got to spend a happy Thanksgiving with your PopPaw. I know it made his day too.