Monday, December 29, 2008
Christmas 2008
This year Christmas was just as wonderful as the years past. Isabella understand a little more about the whole Santa Clause bit, that he brings her presents while she's sleeping. Next year she'll have it all down and completely understand! We went to the in laws for Christmas Eve dinner and to hang out for a little while. Then home by 8:30. Kids in bed by 10:00 and then Santa arrived. He did a great job this year. The kids were spoiled this year, and got way too many toys. Cooper loves to play with the packaging and wrapping paper; the toys, not so much. Isabella loves all of Cooper's toys and her own, she thinks she got a double Christmas this year. Brian got me two new camera's and I got him underwear. Boy did he get screwed! But the guy is the hardest man in the world to buy/surprise. He gets the credit card bill, so he knows where I shop, so it's pointless. Last year I did good, I paid cash for the popcorn machine, but I was stumped this year. So he got a sweater and underwear. The day after Christmas I went shopping alone to Eddie Bauer. I love that store. The clothes fit me really well and I got some amazing deals. A sweater I had been eyeing since before Christmas that was $89, I got for $39. As well as a few others sweaters and a few shirts. I was a very happy camper. Then I went to Kohl's to just look around and got Isabella so much needed blue jeans. She hates the ones I have got her, so I got some new ones that are not tight and a whole size bigger 4T. She is such a big/thick girl. Then I came home and Brian went shopping. He went to Kohl's and bought some socks and a new shirt and some blue jeans. Then the kids and I packed for the farm and headed out of town with some of the in-laws. Jane, Lisa, Ashley, Zachary and my kids and me all went to the farm for a relaxing weekend. We arrived after dark and ate dinner and then watched tv for a bit. The next day we woke up and Bella and I played in the dirt. While Cooper was napping, I pushed Bella on the swing that PopPaw made for the kiddos and she didn't want to get off. I had me really good camera and took hundreds of photos. I can't wait to see them all. Brian, Eddie and Aunt Judee all drove up for the day to visit. Brian got the little riding lawn mower started and mulched the leaves, I got the blower and blew the leaves out of the flower beds so he could mulch those too. He had fun mulching and Isabella had fun riding around with him on the mower. Then the silly thing ran out of gas, then the battery wouldn't start up again. So Ash and Zac couldn't ride it. That was a bummer! We still needed to mulch a bit more, but the wind was blowing so much it was a lost cause. The tv was just about to go out, it had a crazy picture, but I don't go to the farm to watch tv so I didn't care. Saturday evening we made spaghetti and cookies. Then Brian, Eddie and Judee all left to come back home. We all went to bed then back up the next day. Jane, Lisa, Ash & Zac left after breakfast, I stayed and cleaned the house and did some laundry. I vacuumed all the rooms, swept, dusted a big part of the house and really enjoyed being there with just Cooper and Isabella. Isabella is so at home and comfortable there and Cooper will know nothing different. We are slowly making the place home. Fixing the furniture the way we like it, and taking care of the very old furniture where needed. A lot of it needs some major TLC. It's going to be a wonderful country home when all is said and done. I found a quilt at BB&B I like that would really complement the house/room. I just have to make sure its really the one I want before I buy it. Michelle is going to decorate her 'room' and I'm going to decorate my 'room', so that we really feel at home. It will be nice to have a bedroom at the country house, our place to escape.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment