Monday, December 15, 2008

Today's Journey

Today the kids and I went to my mother's to get some Christmas gifts for Isabella's teachers. Today is a very bitter cold day, isn't suppose to get much above 30 degrees. So on our trek to Corinth, it kind of misted on us, which froze and bounced off the front windshield, the temperature on the car thermometer said 29 degrees. Ouch, that's cold. We got to moms and visited for a bit and then the weather came on and it was talking about sleet/freezing rain in Collin County. So we loaded up the car and headed out the door. The last thing I want to do is get stuck on the road unprepared in an ice storm with two small children. One of my fears! When we were driving home, on hwy 121 in Frisco, at Ikea there was about a 10 car pile up/mess. We had to get off the highway and we passed a fire truck and the fireman slipped on the black ice. I was shocked, the roads didn't really look wet! So I got scared and started to drive below the speed limit and we went straight home. The weather here is so crazy in the winter, and I actually love it. The weather men don't have a snowball's chance in Hell when it comes to getting it right in the winter. Gotta love to hate them. Poor guys.

No comments: