Monday, December 15, 2008

Dang It's Cold!

I posted earlier today that the temperature has been very cold, but now it's even colder! There is freezing rain and sleet falling now and will continue to fall until tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow's high will be a bit warmer than today, 36 degrees for a high. We always have a spell like this in December and January, usually the January spell is the weekend before Isabella's birthday, let's hope that happens again this year. I went to check on Cooper in his bedroom and it was ice cold in there, I check the temp in his room and it was 66 degrees. We keep our house warm, just how I like it, so when I walked in his room and my toes froze over I worried. Does his room always get that cold? Is my baby going to wake up with frost bite in the morning? I told Brian, he check it out for himself and I was right, it's damn cold in there! We put a towel in the window seal to see if that would help keep the room warmer and we cranked the heat up to 75 degrees, it's usually set to 73 degrees. That extra 2 degrees makes a huge difference! We're going to test a few things to see if we can keep it regulated and make sure our baby boy doesn't get uncomfortable. He loves to be bundled and warm when he's sleeping, so he has all the blankets in the house covering him (not really). When I make up to feed him in the middle of the night, I'm going to check the temps and see how it feels. I can't stand to be cold and I don't want my baby to be cold either.

No comments: