So, with baby Major in the hospital until Sunday afternoon. Brian came home Saturday night about 9pm. I had the kids still up so they could see their daddy and he helped me put them to bed. We were just about to turn off lights and I was in the middle of giving Cooper his bottle and rocking him. When all of a sudden a major storm came thought and the lights we OFF. Now, this has never happened when Bella was awake. So she was a tiny bit scared. But we all put on head lamps and headed down stairs to the master. We lit candles and played in the bed for a bit. I slowly blew out the candles and we tried our hardest to get Cooper and Bella to go to sleep. But, since Cooper is a crib only baby, he wasn't much into laying down and going to sleep. And Bella was in heaven, in mom and dads bed with Cooper. She would not leave Cooper alone. So about 30 minutes later, Cooper was real tired and Bella would not take her hands off him, so Cooper and I went to the guest bedroom. After about 15 minutes, he finally fell asleep. It was SO quite and if you know me, you know I can not sleep in the quite. I have to have some sort of noise maker on all night. And I have raised my kids with noise makers on at all times. So I was glad when Cooper was finally asleep. I took him to his crib, in his very dark, quite room. When I placed him in his bed, he woke up. I let him cry it out for a few 'seconds' and I went to Bella's bed. I knew when the lights came back on that alot of lights would flash on and it could be very bright. And about 1230 or 100, the lights finally did come on and it was very bright in Bella's room. I quickly went to Cooper's room and turned off the lamp and down stairs to turn off all the lights that were on and finally I crawled into the guest bed. Ohhh, finally time to sleep. Cooper woke up for his 3am bottle and then slept until Isabella woke us up.
Since Sunday was our anniversary, Brian had flowers and a card waiting for me and Isabella couldn't wait to tell me! Brian was making pancakes (our usual Sunday breakfast). We had breakfast, I got ready for the day and was out the door by 10:45. Woohoo! I was off to my first scrapbooking retreat.
Flo and I met at Michael's (she works for corporate, so she gets a discount!!) She loaded my arms up with must haves and we were out the door. Hilton here I come. The ladies at the retreat were all shocked that I have never even bought a single thing much less done anything scrapbook wise. I was in for a real treat. Let me tell you, these people are wild and crazy over scrapbooks. They can put 20 buck worth of 'stuff' on ONE page. OMG! What have I gotten myself into. I took a big tub of Bella's things and I organized it and got a few things to scrap. In the tub, I happened to have some photographs of our Walt Disney World trip when Bella was 8+ months old and the photos when Cooper was first born they take at the hospital. So I started out with Cooper's pictures, since I didn't LOVE those photos and I had a MILLION copies, I started playing with those. It was a OK looking page for my first one. Then I moved on to the Disney photos. I bought some Mickey stickers and the such and I really think they are cute. I'm not going to be one of those that put tons of time/money into a page. I just want it all recorded with dates and ages. So I think I may enjoy this scrapping thing after all. I'll just have to wait until I have complete dedicated time to do it. It takes a lot of thinking and preparing. So that will be my challenge!
So I got home Sunday night and Brian went to get dinner at Olive Garden. Not our favorite, but it will do. Nothing excited happed on our anniversary, which is pretty typical...and I'm not complaining.
Since Sunday was our anniversary, Brian had flowers and a card waiting for me and Isabella couldn't wait to tell me! Brian was making pancakes (our usual Sunday breakfast). We had breakfast, I got ready for the day and was out the door by 10:45. Woohoo! I was off to my first scrapbooking retreat.
Flo and I met at Michael's (she works for corporate, so she gets a discount!!) She loaded my arms up with must haves and we were out the door. Hilton here I come. The ladies at the retreat were all shocked that I have never even bought a single thing much less done anything scrapbook wise. I was in for a real treat. Let me tell you, these people are wild and crazy over scrapbooks. They can put 20 buck worth of 'stuff' on ONE page. OMG! What have I gotten myself into. I took a big tub of Bella's things and I organized it and got a few things to scrap. In the tub, I happened to have some photographs of our Walt Disney World trip when Bella was 8+ months old and the photos when Cooper was first born they take at the hospital. So I started out with Cooper's pictures, since I didn't LOVE those photos and I had a MILLION copies, I started playing with those. It was a OK looking page for my first one. Then I moved on to the Disney photos. I bought some Mickey stickers and the such and I really think they are cute. I'm not going to be one of those that put tons of time/money into a page. I just want it all recorded with dates and ages. So I think I may enjoy this scrapping thing after all. I'll just have to wait until I have complete dedicated time to do it. It takes a lot of thinking and preparing. So that will be my challenge!
So I got home Sunday night and Brian went to get dinner at Olive Garden. Not our favorite, but it will do. Nothing excited happed on our anniversary, which is pretty typical...and I'm not complaining.
Pitch Black in the house, head lamp on.
Cooper's banged up upper lip. When he fell off the bed.






No comments:
Post a Comment