Today we took Bella to gymnastics team try-outs! Now, let me start by saying I was not looking forward to telling Brian how much team gymnastics cost. The leotards alone cost more than her tuition to church MDO (at least a few months, roughly $500). For a 3 year old, not sure I want that expense. So we just went in, to play gymnastics. I didn't tell Bella anything except we were going to gymnastics school to play with friends. I don't want to take this whole gymnastics thing too serious, like some of the moms I know (you know who you are!! HA!).
So Bella went with 4 other girls (she was the youngest, by far) and she did everything Ms. Tabitha told her to do. Ms. Tabitha loves her as it is and is very excited to have her on team; but only after she has had a few months of Advanced Tumble Bears. **Sigh of relief!** Brian was with me to watch the whole thing and she's going to love gymnastics! So, Ms. (oh crap, I forgot her name), teaches advanced tumble bears and Bella got a chance to participate in an advanced tumble bears class. Ms. 'Oh Crap', only had two little girls, Bella happened to be the oldest. She did pretty good, it was an hour long and you could tell she was in her 'element'. She did what Ms. Oh Crap asked her to do. She did misbehave a few times, but for her first class she did really good. Ms. Oh Crap, told me after class that she would love for Bella to be in her class and she has great potential. She said that she is "VERY strong". Yea, I know!
So, now it's decision time. The class is $60 a month for once a week. And I don't want to do more than once a week. She's only 3 for crying out loud!! But I want her to go to summer camp at 'nastics school and that cost $125 for 2 times a week for two weeks. EEK. I have no desire to spend crazy amounts of money for a 3 year old in this economy. Brian and I have to talk about it. Thankfully we have a few weeks to decide. I'll keep you posted!!
So Bella went with 4 other girls (she was the youngest, by far) and she did everything Ms. Tabitha told her to do. Ms. Tabitha loves her as it is and is very excited to have her on team; but only after she has had a few months of Advanced Tumble Bears. **Sigh of relief!** Brian was with me to watch the whole thing and she's going to love gymnastics! So, Ms. (oh crap, I forgot her name), teaches advanced tumble bears and Bella got a chance to participate in an advanced tumble bears class. Ms. 'Oh Crap', only had two little girls, Bella happened to be the oldest. She did pretty good, it was an hour long and you could tell she was in her 'element'. She did what Ms. Oh Crap asked her to do. She did misbehave a few times, but for her first class she did really good. Ms. Oh Crap, told me after class that she would love for Bella to be in her class and she has great potential. She said that she is "VERY strong". Yea, I know!
So, now it's decision time. The class is $60 a month for once a week. And I don't want to do more than once a week. She's only 3 for crying out loud!! But I want her to go to summer camp at 'nastics school and that cost $125 for 2 times a week for two weeks. EEK. I have no desire to spend crazy amounts of money for a 3 year old in this economy. Brian and I have to talk about it. Thankfully we have a few weeks to decide. I'll keep you posted!!






No comments:
Post a Comment