Saturday, February 21, 2009

Daddy Can Hear!!

My daddy had been 'hard of hearing' for a long time now and after tons of nasty comments from my sister, mark and me he can finally hear!!

I got an email from him today saying "Your Dad has hearing aids !!!!!!!!! Love Dad" I can tell he's very excited. I can't wait to have a normal conversation with him and he'll be able to hear his grand kids talk to him and say I love you. I'm proud of him for finally getting them, they aren't the most attractive and most men have such big egos that they won't wear them if they get them. But I can promise you he will, my mom will super glue them in his ears if he ever goes with out. And she ain't kidding!

Now, about mom. She's had some major mouth issues over the past year. She's cracked teeth, had crowns, root canals and much, much more. So, she finally decided to get partial dentures. She's been going to the dentist over the past few weeks and is taking care of this. She'll be able to enjoy her food and not have any pain. I'm glad she did this. This too is a huge commitment, the pain from the process can't be fun.

I'm proud of my parents for finally taking care of themselves. Thanks mom and dad.

No comments: