Saturday, February 21, 2009

YEA! She Pooped!!

As I have said before, Isabella is potty trained, has been since September-ish. She has no problem going pee pee in the potty. She's an old pro! But pooping is a whole other story. She wants to "push" in a pull-up. And I had absolutely no problem letting her use the pull-up. I didn't want her to get constipated, not a bridge I wanted to cross. I know she wouldn't go to high school in a pull-up. So, I just gave her time.

On Wednesday, at gymnastics school, Ms. Cindy asked me what I was feeding her, that she had to biggest poop she had ever seen from a small child. I laughed and said, sorry you had to deal with that, I'm sure it was a big mess. She said it wasn't in a pull-up, she did it in the potty. WHAT? I praised Isabella and made a huge deal out of it. I was so proud. Then Thursday after her horrible day at church school, I just knew we would have an awful evening. But we didn't, we can home, we talked about her day. I had her go to her room and rest. She did and came out over an hour later and wanted a snack. We got ready for a party we went to Thursday night. When we got to the party, Isabella asked to go potty. She tooted a few times (and boy did it smell!). And then about 20 minutes later, she and Addie were playing and she tooted again. Addie asked her if she needed to go poop, she said yes!! Addie took her to the potty and helped her get on and then call for me to finish up. I was so damn excited and happy she was finally doing it all by herself. Then yesterday after a long day of playing at the park and at home in the bounce house. That night, she told her daddy she needed a diaper. She was already dressed in her night clothes and she was in a pull-up. Daddy and I asked her if she wanted to push on the potty and she said yes. Let me tell you how excited and thankful I am that she decided to go poop on the potty by herself. She is so damn cute pushing on the potty, she makes such adorable noises. And she's so excited that she did it and we couldn't be happier.

Her reward is to go skating tomorrow. That will be a huge treat, for all of us.

No comments: