Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Farm

Last weekend we went to the farm for the weekend. The kids and I left on Thursday afternoon. We had some pretty bad weather the few days before and Isabella was home from school for a few days. We needed to get out of the house and the farm is the perfect place to go. Brian was working all weekend, so we headed out!

When we arrived, it was just about dark, the sun was setting. I got out of the car to unload it and heard a beautiful water fountain sound. But remembered quickly, we don't have a water feature at the farm. WTH! Since we had some pretty cold, freezing temperatures, my thoughts turned to Oh Shit, the house is flooded! I looked over to the front of the house where the sound was coming from and water was shooting from the water hose line. Oh damn! I hurried inside and stepped around, I just knew the house was going to be sopping wet. But to my surprise, no water leak inside. I called my dad, he told me to look around the house for the water shut off. I couldn't find it. A few hours later, he arrived, with my mother a few hours behind him. Dad couldn't find the shut off either. When mom arrived, they called my uncle. The shut off is a mile up the road on the other part of the property. OMG, we would have never found that!! About 10pm they got the water turned off and then off to bed we all went. The next day, dad went to town to get a cut off thing to just completely cut the water off of that area and then they turned the water back on. We finally got water late afternoon. What a mess. We sure dodge a bullet with that one.

No comments: