Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Can't Catch A Break....
Saturday evening when Isabella woke from her late nap, I could tell she was sick. Around 11pm when I was laying in bed with her she started coughing and throw up all over her bed/me. (she christened her bed, her second night in her new big girl bed.) I just about threw up with her. Yuck, kiddo puke is nasty and smells really bad. Now this is the first time in her 24 months of life, that she has been sick like this. She has had colds, coughs, fevers, but never throwing up like she did. As I yelled for Brian to come up stairs, she did it again in the bed. OMG, I was "stuck" the way I was laying and the puke was all over my arm, hair and chest. All I could do is scream louder for Brian to HURRY UP! Besides not being able to just roll out of bed, I was just plain stuck with the yack all over me and I didn't want it to get all over the floor, bedding, pillows. I just didn't want to move. As we clean her up and I strip her bed and take it all down to wash and we all end up in our bed. I only have one set of sheet for Isabella's bed, one mattress protector, one of everything. I'll be going shopping soon. So, we end up in our bed room and I take a shower and while I'm in the shower, she does it again. So we all end up in the shower! I strip the bed and put another set of sheets on and some towels on the bed we all lay down and drift off to sleep. She does it again, we clean up the mess, sort of, and back to sleep, she does it again, that was the forth time. This kept going for 6 times all together, and by 5:00am the throwing up was over. We had 4 showers, about 10 towels, all the pillow cases, 4 sets of sheets and a bit of clothes to wash on Sunday. Sunday, she ran a fever (she did not run a fever at all while she was yacking on everything). So, we spent the day catching up on laundry, sleep and nursing a fever. Monday she was all better! No fever after 5pm on Sunday, so I just knew we were scott free. But nope, Brian turned the AC on upstairs Sunday and didn't turn it back to heat Monday night when it got down into the 30's. So, she woke up Tuesday with a AC induced cold! Needless to say, she didn't go to school on Tuesday and now at after 10pm she is in her bed coughing her head off and gagging. I'm just waiting for her to start throwing up again. I am very unhappy with Brian, I wish I had known the AC was still on upstairs, he turned it back to heat downstairs, duh, switch it back upstairs....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment