Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cancer Sucks!

I have never had cancer hit me directly, in my family. Or at least not while I was in the 'family'. My mother in law is a breast cancer survivor. Since meeting my mother in law, I have know of many friends that have come down with some sort of cancer. My sweet friends Jennifer M. has rectal cancer, a good friends boyfriend David has the same sort of cancer. Then Whitney D. was diagnosed with breast cancer last spring (now a survivor), I remember the day she told me, she had a scheduled surgeons appointment, but still managed to have a play date at her house that morning. I was amazed. And now a sweet friend Y, she hasn't told many people, she just learned she has breast cancer. It seems that the kindest, big hearted, loving and most caring people get the bad stuff. My heart breaks, I have heard what has happened to Jen, Whit & David. And to find out that another adorable friends has cancer just breaks my heart. I'm just sick. When I got the news (just now) from my friend Y, I cried, another friend having to go through this crap. She has an adorable daughter Z, and I just love this child. She is the most well mannered child on earth. She is a bit shy, but once she warms up, she's all smiles. I just pray Y and her family get all the support they need to go through this process (Y is a bit on the quite side, I hope she will act for help), and with the moms group I'm involved in, I know they will. Oh, Lord what is the lesson here?

No comments: