Today is the 44th President of the United States Inaugration. Barack H. Obama is now the President of the United States. And his whole platform was time for a Change. I sure hope he follows through. I cried as I saw Laura and G. Walker Bush leave the White House, escorted by Michelle and Barack. I cried as Laura and G. Walker boarded the helocoptor to fly to the airplane that will bring them back home. I cried, because I think we have another storm brewing. No matter who the president is, there will always be something he does that will make the nation mad at him and thinks he has done wrong. Barack will have his turn, as every other person in his shoes had done before. I won't go into huge detail of my fears, I have so many of them, I'll just watch and see how things go.
But, as President Obama and First Lady Michelle (she is a beautiful woman) walked down the parade route, I was telling Isabella who they were. I asked to her to day President Barack H. Obama. I asked her to stay President Obama, I asked her to say First Lady Michelle Obama, I asked her to say just about every variation of the two titles, but she refused. It's too hard, I don't like it, I don't want to say it. I would like her to know of those people, she'll be nearly 7 the next time this happens and then she'll be in school (unless I keep her home, history ya know). She had no intest in saying their names. She saw the people waving and she waved back (cute!). So, I'll keep showing her photos of this historical person and teach her of him. I just hope he proves his worth and does follow through with the "change" he has spoke of in the past. Time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
just say many, many, many prayers for our new president & his staff!
Post a Comment