Friday, January 16, 2009
Organization
I finally feel organized. I haven't gotten to the anal organized state, but I'm getting there. I have purged and organized my closet. I threw out over 3 garbage bags of clothes, a few pairs of shoes, t-shirts, shorts and many other things. I hung my clothes with the hanger turned around, so that in 6 months I can purge again (I may do it quarterly). If I have not turned the hanger around, that means I never wore the article and I should get rid of it. I bought storage saver bags to put our sweater in, so we can store them properly once springs arrives. I cleaned the top of the shelves above the clothes and got rid of some other junky stuff. It felt great. I don't need cute purses that have collected dust an inch deep. I'll never carry that purse again, I know I won't (my plan is to get a LV once I'm finished with diaper bags). I also cleaned out the upstairs closet, so I could put the wrapping paper from the guest bedroom down stairs, up in the weight room closet. I threw a few things out in both closets. I'm putting my wedding dress on CraigsList and an old leather jacket that is not 'cool' anymore. I purged the coat closet at the back door and cleared out the laundry room. It all feels great. Every time I turn around, I'm cleaning something. I have even made time to clean the kitchen every day, all day. I keep the dishes going and out of the sink (Brian loves this part). I have been trying to keep on top of the laundry. Tonight I even got on my hands and knees and cleaned my hardwood floors with a rag. I scrubbed the floors. And let me tell you, I have NEVER done that. I have only swept the floor a handful of times and I've only mopped it a few times. But since I let our cleaning lady go, I have to stay on top of it all, all the time. And I'm proud of myself. You go girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment