Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My New Year's Resolutions for 2009

I make new years resolutions every year and I never remember what they are. I guess I could scroll back in this blog to find out what I did last year. But I'm sure it wasn't anything earth shattering, because I was pregnant with Cooper. So, this year I am typing them out so I can keep account of what I want to resolve for 2009. So here it goes...

1. Loose weight. I currently weigh (on my home scale, not the gym scale) 149. I gained a few pounds during Christmas. My selfish goal is 120, but I'll be happy as can be with 130.

2. To eat better and feed my family better.

3. To really and truly learn how to cook amazing meals that my husband will complement me for making and request when I say "what do you want for dinner?"

4. To get organized again and stay organized. I was so anal before kids, I knew where everything was; now, not so much.

5. I want to take time to clean my house, myself. I am the only one that can clean my house the way I want to clean it and the way I expect it to be cleaned. I can't keep paying someone else $130 to clean my house and be dissatisfied.

6. To get on a budget and really watch where every single dollar goes. I want to use cash and only cash for 'stuff' and the credit card for grocery's and gas.

7. I want to take time to pamper myself. I love to go get a manicure and pedicure, but I don't do that very often, especially in the winter. I want to go once a month to get both done.

8. I want to spend more time with Isabella, alone. Isabella is crying out for one on one time with me and/or Brian. And I love our time alone. She is so creative and loves crafts and baking and spending time outside. This is somewhat of a priority, I don't want her to take her anger out on Cooper, and I'm completely aware of her need for attention.

9. I want to keep Cooper and Bella's toys fresh and new. This means to put away the toys in three different bins and rotate them once a month. After Christmas and now that Bella's birthday is in a matter of days, I want them to have certain toys and really play with them.

10. I want to monitor Isabella and Cooper's TV intake. I only want to have the TV on for maybe 2 hours a day, that will be 4 30 minute splashes of TV time. This will be easy, except when I have to put Cooper to sleep and I need her to stay put, away from Coop's room. Or when I am making dinner and the such. I just need to figure out how to make it work. She's done fantastic, I started this during her Christmas break and she doesn't seem to miss the TV much.

11. Umm, really I think that this is enough already. Don't you think?

No comments: