Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sweet Ashley

My beautiful niece Ashley, well, she's my favorite. She is a typical teenager. She reminds me of me at times, when I was her age. Although my mother would have slapped my face if I talked to her the way Ash talks to her mother. Ashley came to visit this past weekend and we had a nice visit with her. BUT, she got a cell phone from her on.again.off.again father as a Christmas gift. With that said, I am putting this in writing because I want to remember how incredibly irritating it was for me to see her on that stupid cell phone the e.n.t.i.r.e. time she was here. I just hope her father learns his lesson when he gets the bill. I want to say, I will not get my child a cell phone until she/he gets a car. I only say that because if Bella and Cooper are driving around and have an emergency I want them to be able to call Brian and I asap. But at age 13, what the hell does she have to talk about that can't wait until she can get somewhere and pick up the phone and call a friend about? I mean, really, we went to Target to get some grocery's and she was on the phone texting the whole time and every once in a while she would so "oh, I have 3 messages". Really, come on! On Saturday and Sunday she was glued to that thing. Having her over is completely different, that phone is more 'fun' than the kids. At dinner one night she kept getting texts, I finally said, "that is really rude to text at the dinner table." Granted, she's not at home with her family, but she was at the table with Brian, Isabella, Cooper and me. I would hate to think she would do that at a girlfriends house when she is at dinner with her friends family or at a restaurant with her friends. She really needs ground rules. And I will make sure that when my kids get a cell phone that there will be major ground rules. So, remind me of this blog when Cooper and Bella get cell phones, in about 18 years!!!!!

No comments: